Email: LaurenNicoleGifts@gmail.com

I have always been passionate about designing and making meaningful gifts and keepsakes and was very fortunate to able to start my own business. Lauren Nicole Gifts (name after my niece) was started in 2004 and was a great way for me to have my own business, but still move around as an Army wife. My husband recently retired from the Army and we are now permanently located in Ouray, Colorado

Friday, February 19, 2010

Sewing Machine Update

I have gotten a lot of emails about sewing machines today from bloggers who want to know if I would recommend a sewing machine. If you are wanting to buy a really great everyday sewing machine I would recommend the Janome Threadbanger TB12. They originally retailed for $599, but they are now $199. Usually when a price drops that much it just means that the company is coming out with a new model soon. I usually find that there isn't enough difference in the new models to make me want to pay more. These machines are sold on the website: www.sewvacdirect.com Everyone's experience with different brands of sewing machines varies, but I have bought several Janome sewing machines from them and I loved all of them. If you are heavily into quilting or something like that then you may want to look at quilting machines, etc., but for everyday sewing I think this would be an awesome machine (it is very similar to the older Janome models that I have owned). I will probably beat up my Euro Pro and buy the Janome for all my other sewing (and try to take better care of it this time). Please don't base your decision on the fact that my Janome machines only lasted a few years. The type of sewing that I used them for should have only been done on a heavy commercial machine and not a regular sewing machine. I am actually very surprised that they held up as long as they did considering I wasn't very nice to them :(

No comments:

Blog Archive