Email: LaurenNicoleGifts@gmail.com

I have always been passionate about designing and making meaningful gifts and keepsakes and was very fortunate to able to start my own business. Lauren Nicole Gifts (name after my niece) was started in 2004 and was a great way for me to have my own business, but still move around as an Army wife. My husband recently retired from the Army and we are now permanently located in Ouray, Colorado

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Great Trash Find!

As I mentioned in a post a few days ago I really shouldn't judge people and my husband really was trash picking last weekend, which he does quite often. He really does find some great stuff though. Although the Army usually gives him a different type of mission, I gave him the mission of finding a new shipping table. Well, he finally found one that they were throwing out at the store on base because they are remodeling. It actually used to be a Coach purse display and he just took the top off and fixed it so that I have a nice flat work surface.

Cost of Display = Free

Cost of supplies to fix the top = $1.87

The looks on everyone's faces when he drug it out of the trash in uniform = Priceless

15 comments:

Stephaine Eads said...

that is awesome and I am totally jealous!

Suburban Princess said...

Very nice!

KatiePerk said...

Well done!! That looks great and is sooo ecofriendly!! Way to recycle.

Goat Gal said...

Wow! That is sweet!

Sara Cate said...

Fantastic find! Good team work on that one.

Jenny said...

wow -- talk about one mans garbage being another mans treasure -- this is awesome!

Natty said...

whoa, that is so cool!! i just have to say, you and your husband are so cool :) One of my favorite blogs to read, and I love that you update more than once a day, yay!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that is a great find..way to recycle, too!

TanyaLea said...

These POSTS are PRICELESS!! They always make me giggle and put a smile on my face! You should try and capture a picture of him 'rescuing' one of his finds! So funny. I love thrify people!! :)

Anonymous said...

how awesome is that!?!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Fabulous find!! I found a dresser on my walk two weeks ago. Free is my favorite price!

Stephaine Eads said...

I have to tell you after telling you how jealous I was about your find I got a bike for my little girl out of the trash this morning! Well my husband got it out of the trash.

Yay for inspiring me to trash dig!

Jules said...

Great find! I would love to have been the one driving down the street while he was doing it in uniform.

Celeste said...

Nice!! When we lived on base (we are still an "Army family" - but no longer living on-base), we got the "Santa Claus chair" from the PX when they were remodeling! It is a really cool chair...the one they would use for Santa to sit in & take pictures with kids. We also got some other neat Christmas decor. And - it was all free!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Man on a Mission! Love it!!!

How or where does he find these treasures??? You must live in an amazing area! (Like in some parts of Germany, our friends stationed there told us about trash pick up day... everything is put on the curb and any one can freely pick it up, no problem...such things as furniture, and other big items.

Blessings & Aloha!

Blog Archive