Email: LaurenNicoleGifts@gmail.com

I have always been passionate about designing and making meaningful gifts and keepsakes and was very fortunate to able to start my own business. Lauren Nicole Gifts (name after my niece) was started in 2004 and was a great way for me to have my own business, but still move around as an Army wife. My husband recently retired from the Army and we are now permanently located in Ouray, Colorado

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kiln Update - The 36 hour pendant

After thoroughly studying the directions (okay.....skimming them, sort of) I went through (destroyed) a lot of supplies, but I think I finally figured it out. I learn much better by jumping right into a project (directions are for sane people). After a bunch of misfirings in the kiln, I finally produced one pendant that turned out the way I wanted it to. I have about 36 hours into the pendant. Obviously, I need to work on the timing because right now I would have to sell them for $300 each just to cover labor costs (I am pretty sure they wouldn't sell at that price). I have more supplies coming in by the end of the week and I should have pendants up for sale on the website in 2 to 3 weeks. I will have different sizes and colors, and the pricing on the pendant necklaces will range from $16 to $24 (much better than $300).

No comments:

Blog Archive